Iyon Pala Ang Ibig Sabihin ng TAG
My very good friend Iris left a comment with the word "TAG" on it. Took some time for a social ignoramus like me to figure out what that actually meant, but now that I've been "tagged" to do so, here's my share of answers to that weird pass-on survey/questionnaire:
Seven things I want to do before I die
1. Write 30 to all the research and book projects I've conceptualized in the bathroom.
2. Know Japan and all of the 7,100 islands of the Philippines like the back of my hand.
3. Do my share in driving really eeevil people outta this planet!
4. Honor thy father and mother.
5. Understand why the world is what it is today.
6. Raise a kid with Gans, and teach him/her all we know.
7. Make art instead of writing about it.
Seven things I cannot do
1. Carry a tune successfully before a massive crowd (but how I wish I could. Oh well).
2. Wear ruffles. NOT in this lifetime!
3. Endure sycophants and know-it-alls. Freaks I can tolerate, pretenders not.
4. Kiss a frog (why should anyone?)
5. Be nice to the nasty denizens of this earth (head-butt and bitch back if ye must!)
6. Kiss ass as a career move, whether literally or figuratively.
7. Go beyond 1st year college math.
Seven things that attract me to both a boy and a girl
1. Brains and sense. Why we can't have more of these types still beats me.
2. That beautiful but elusive human quality called kindness.
3. Frank, honest, and witty banter.
4. Commitment to work (A bit ho-hum but very crucial in the long run)
5. A keen sense of social justice.
6. Shared quirks (like a fondness for cats, booksales, disarray, and puns)
7. An honest, straightforward gaze (sounds funny, but there are indeed people who exhibit this quality, chinky-eyed people included)
Seven things that I say most often
1. Shne!
2. %^*$&$*(%£)%)%*&ng (insert name of government official here) , sana kunin na siya ni Lord.
3. Pa-edit nga!
4. Kelan ang deadline nyan? (Sabay kakamot sa ulo)
5. First thing in the morning: £$%*! (Insert time) na!
6. Hayup ka talaga! (to our dachshund, Pitoy)
7. Ayan, buhay pa naman (in response to the question, kamusta ka na?)
Seven books I love to read (for the nth time)
1. The Book of Embraces, by Eduardo Galeano
2. Venceremos, by Ernesto Guevarra (my copy illegally confiscated by some shitty post office official. May he be afflicted with egg-sized boils for the rest of his corrupt and hopefully short life!)
3. Foucault's Pendulum, by Umberto Eco
4. Art and Lies by Jeanette Winterson
5. Snow Country, by Yasunari Kawabata
6. The Painted Word, by Tom Wolfe (ya, the guy makes more sense than most art writers)
7. Little Women, by Louisa May Alcott (first full-length book my mom gave me as a kid, made a real impression ever since)
Seven movies I could watch over and over again
(not necessarily favorites, but only those I won’t tire of watching)
1. Orapronobis (the thin line between art and reality)
2. The Never-Ending Story (20 years after first watching it I can still hear its theme song in my head and dream about having Falcor for a pet, hehe)
3. Hotel Rwanda (a tribute to unexpected heroes and how shitty the UN and the US can get)
4. Azumi (will not lead you to the meaning of life but can keep you fully-awake on 8-hour bus trips, I guarantee)
5. Amelie (until it loses its novelty)
6. Life is Beautiful (it really is)
7. (Anything from Studio Ghibli!)
Seven people I'm tagging to do this survey
None. The darned chain ends with me!
1 comment:
hey! i like azumi po. i've seen all the movie. :) Do you know zatoichi? Samurai din po sya. Amelie rin and life is beautiful.
--
hi to all bloggers!! this is not a spam.. this is the same msg sent to all cool pinoy bloggers out there. our site to discuss our blogs and advertise your blog is www.pilipinas.co.nr marami na pong sumali. Salamat po.
Post a Comment